The Grant Process
The Foundation accepts grant requests from qualifying cancer organizations through June of each calendar year.
- Application Deadline: July 1, 2020
- Qualifying cancer organizations include organizations that address cancer in Kentucky.
- The Foundation funds grants throughout Kentucky, not only Central Kentucky.
- Applicants complete the grant application, please see Grants & Programs home page to access the Grant Application.
- The grant committee reviews each submitted grant application during the months of September and October.
- The Foundation’s Medical Advisory Board reviews all research grant applications submitted during this time. A written report is provided to the Foundation by the Board.
- The grant committee presents the funding recommendations to the full board for approval.
- Grant acceptance and decline letters are sent during the month of November.
- Grant recipients are required to accept their check at the Foundation’s Grant AwardsCeremony, usually held in November.
The Lexington Cancer Foundation Considers Grant Applications that:
- Enhance awareness and education regarding cancer diseases, symptoms, conditions, and treatment options.
- Provide physical, psychological, or emotional support to people with cancer.
- Allow easier, less expensive access to cancer treatment and care.
- Advance medical science in the areas of cancer research and care.
- Improve the quality of life for Kentuckians with cancer.